You may file an application for a Temporary License along with this application for a 30 day license to practice while your application for full licensure is pending.
Email is always the best way to receive a speedy response. You can email at [email protected]
We are phasing out our paper applications.
Please file all new applications using our online licensing system. The system can be found by clicking this link:
Application form and additional information to become a licensed acupuncturist in Arizona. All required documents for this application must be received by the Board office 14 days prior to the next scheduled board meeting, to complete administrative review and to be scheduled for board consideration. All acupuncture license applicants must submit a set of fingerprints as part of the licensing process.
Please submit the Initial Application, Fingerprint Card, AND Citizenship Form with your other documentation.
Requirements for Licensure
1. Evidence of successful completion of Clean Needle Technique Course as approved by the Board.
2. Meets ONE of the following requirements and provides evidence thereof:
- Have been certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), or its successor organization, OR
- Passed all the following NCCAOM modules:
- Point Location Module
- Foundations of Oriental Medicine Module
- Biomedicine Module, and
- Acupuncture Module, OR
- Have been certified in acupuncture by another certifying body OR examination that is recognized by the Board (State of California Acupuncture Examination), OR
- Have been licensed by another state with substantially similar standards, AND have not had certification or licensure revoked.
3. Graduation from or completion of training in a Board approved program of acupuncture with:
- A minimum of 1,850 hours of training.
- Of the 1,850 hours, at least 800 hours must be in Board approved clinical training.
4. Disclosure and evidence of all active and past professional health care licenses and certificates issued by this state, another state, district or territory of the United States.
5. A photograph taken within the past year, not less than 2” x 2”.
6. Pay application fee and license fee in the amount of $425.00 (R4-8-106 (A)(1) and (A)(2))
7. A completed Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status for State Public Benefits form.
8. A full set of fingerprints to be submitted to the FBI and AZ Department of Public Safety and $22.00 money order made payable to the AZ Department of Public Safety
Please make checks or money orders payable to the Arizona Acupuncture Board of Examiners. Do not send cash.
Application Fee (non-refundable):
A.R.S. § 32-3927(A)(2)
A.R.S. § 32-3927(A)(1)
Fingerprint Processing Fee**:
*The license fee is paid at the time of application.
**The fingerprint processing fee must be paid by money order to the AZ Department of Public Safety if application is submitted by regular mail.
Per. A.R.S. § 41-1080.01, if your family income does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may qualify for a one-time waiver of the Board’s application/licensing fee of $425.00. If you think you may qualify for this fee waiver, please file your application online and then email a copy of your family’s previous year’s federal tax return along with a request for a waiver to [email protected].